CNSA VP Hansel Cook and I (Jamie) appeared before the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) Expert Panel on the Status and Future of Libraries and Archives on behalf of the Council on Friday, November 8th at Dalhousie. Due to a last-minute scheduling change, we were able to gain a private audience with the four Halifax panelists! It was a fantastic opportunity to share who we are, what we do, and our thoughts on the direction and future of Canada's archival community.
Two of our three remaining Core Curriculum courses have been rescheduled in new locations. Both courses will take place at Dalhousie's Killam Library in Halifax, NS, and the date changes are as follows:
- Arrangement and Description - October 16-17
- Introduction to the Rules of Archival Description - October 28-29
Access and Reference will take place as scheduled on November 6-7 at the Beaton Institute in Sydney, NS.
It's summertime, and the 2013 site visits are upon us once again! The tour schedule so far is:
- Southwest Region: July 22-26, 2013
- HRM Region: July 29-August 2, 2013
- Northeast Region: August 12-16, 2013
- Cape Breton: August 26-30, 2013