In 2018, the Council of Nova Scotia Archives awarded:
- The Dr. Phyllis R. Blakeley Award to the Mahone Bay Founders Society/Mahone Bay Museum for their project, “The Mahone Bay Social History Project.”
- The Anna Hamilton Award to Barbara Reid for her work at the Cumberland County Genealoigical Society.
- The newly titled, Doug Kirby Award for (formerly the Carman V. Carroll award) to the Centre Acadien, Université Sainte-Anne for their project, “Increasing Arrangement and Description of Fonds: Facilitating Access to Our Records and Supporting Research in Acadian Studies.”
The Awards Committee organizes the call for nominations, judges the nominations submitted and makes the presentation for the three CNSA Awards:
- Dr. Phyllis R. Blakeley Award for outstanding accomplishment in archival work
- Doug Kirby Award for outstanding achievement in archival preservation
- Anna Hamilton Award for outstanding voluntary service to the Nova Scotian archival community.
The Committee changes each year and is selected by the Executive Member-at-large (Awards).
Awards Committee Members 2018-2019
Lisette Gaudet, Archivist, Yarmouth County Museum and Archives (Chair)