The CNSA Awards recognize significant projects and people within our membership. The three CNSA Awards are:
- Dr. Phyllis R. Blakeley Award for outstanding accomplishment in archival work
- Doug Kirby Award for outstanding achievement in archival preservation
- Anna Hamilton Award for outstanding voluntary service to the Nova Scotian archival community.
In 2019, the Council of Nova Scotia Archives awarded:
- The Anna Hamilton Award to Phyllis Perry for her work at the Cumberland County Genealogical Society.
- The Doug Kirby Award (formerly the Carman V. Carroll award) to the Colchester Historical Society.
The Awards Committee organizes the call for nominations, and judges the nominations submitted.
The Committee changes each year and is selected by the Chair / Executive Member-at-Large (Communications and Awards). Committee members will act as judges for the Awards and will be announced each year prior to the Award deadline.
Awards Committee Members, 2019-2020:
Sharon Murray (Chair), Executive Member-at-Large (Communications and Awards), Sharon.Murray@dal.ca