New tools will be added here as they are developed. Suggestions welcome.
- Accession form - downloadable sample includes fields and layout necessary for a complete accession record
- Archives Management Software Review Report - review of 6 programs to manage acquisition process
- Cooperative Acquisition Strategy – policy document for province-wide coordination of acquisition activities
- Deed of Gift - sample deed of gift needed to legally transfer archival documents from the donor to the archival institution (rtf printable file)
- Appraisal grid - some of the questions to be asked when considering a donation (rtf printable file)
- Archives Management Software Review Report -- review of 6 programs to create and manage finding aids
- RAD Work Sheet for Graphic Materials – help for describing photographs, artwork, etc
- RAD Work Sheet for Fonds Descriptions
- Writing the Administrative History
- Digitization Tool-kit - websites, free tutorials, and books on managing digitization projects for an archives
- File Format Guidelines for Preservation and Long-term Access by Library and Archives Canada (LAC)
- Tips for Preserving CDs and DVDs
- CNSA's Brief to the Heritage Strategy Task Force, December 2005
- A Treasured Past, A Precious Future – Nova Scotia’s first provincial heritage strategy: [link to PDF]
- Nova Scotia Subject Headings Authority - master list of search terms
- Bruce Jackson, Fieldwork (Urbana & Chicago: Univeristy of Illinois Press, 1987).
- Edward D. Ives, The Tape Recorded Interview: A Manual for Field Workers in Folklore & Oral History (Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press, 1980).
- Folklife and Fieldwork: A Layman's Introduction to Field Techniques
- Kenneth S. Goldstein, A Guide for Field Workers in Folklore (Hatboro, PA: Folklore Associates, 1964).
- Release Form - sample