Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2015 ALM Conference!
Below you’ll find a list of volunteer opportunities that are available.
The Volunteer Coordinator will organize conference volunteers and their work including:
- Preparing and implementing a coordination plan
- Recruiting and training volunteers for the conference
- Developing tools and materials used for volunteer coordination
- Performing other functions required to ensure successful coordination of conference volunteers
- Help volunteers meet role expectations
- Resolve volunteer problems which may arise in delivering an exciting and successful conference!
This position will require a volunteer with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Leadership skills are an asset.
Registration Desk Greeters
Registration desk greeters will welcome and check-in conference delegates, ensuring delegates have:
- Completed payment
- Received receipt of payment
- Received their Conference bag, and any other hand-outs for distribution
- Communicated any important information arising to delegates
- Directing delegates as required
Volunteers in this position should possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be dependable.
Session Convenors (20+ positions)
Session convenors will:
- Greet, support, and introduce presenters
- Distribute handouts as required
- Distribute and collect evaluation forms
- Count and record attendance
- Provide traffic control for the session
Volunteers in this position should possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Conference Reception Assistants
Conference Reception assistants will assist in the setup, cleanup, and other tasks that might be required during the event, including:
- setting up and cleaning up tables, chairs, or other equipment
- moving boxes or equipment
Volunteers in this position may be required to lift and move medium weight objects.
Writers will assist in the crafting and delivery of communications to conference delegates and conference workers leading up to and during the conference while using print or electronic formats, including social media. Volunteers in this position will need to have strong communication skills, and be proficient using social media.
Social Events Coordinator
The Social Events coordinator will help coordinate informal social events during the conference that provide delegates the opportunity to network, relax, and socialize together in casual environments. This position will require a volunteer with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
In advance of the conference weekend, swag-baggers will stuff printed materials, promotional items, and other goodies into bags that each conference delegate will receive. Volunteers in this position may be required to lift and move medium weight objects.
Unassigned floating volunteers will help out where ever they are needed. This position might involve setting up or breaking down equipment, gathering or delivering urgent information, or other last minutes tasks that might arise. Volunteers in this position will need strong communications skills and adaptability, and may be required to lift and move medium weight objects.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com and
indicate which positions you’re interested in. All positions require English language proficiency, and may involve the lifting and moving of medium weight objects.