Save the date! The 2022 CNSA Conference will take place from October 24-25 in Halifax and online. We are planning this as a hybrid event, meaning presenters and participants can attend in person in Halifax (pandemic permitting) and/or virtually.
Call for Proposals
The theme of this year’s conference is “Community-Driven Archives” – archives, archival projects, and archival initiatives that respond to the needs of communities. We are inviting proposals for presentations about archive-related activities that emerge from community partnerships, rely on community involvement, and/or help build community connections. Download the CFP here.
Topics could include but are not limited to:
- Community digitization projects
- Crowd-sourced transcriptions and/or photo identification
- Oral history projects and/or intangible cultural heritage projects
- Lowering barriers to archives and archival materials for people with disabilities
- Community involvement in arrangement & description projects and/or other core archival functions
- Bringing archival materials to communities
- Virtual archives
- Community outreach and relationship-building with underrepresented groups
We are open to all ideas and formats for presentations. Presenters do not need to be CNSA members in order to participate in the conference (but certainly are encouraged to join!).
Please include in your presentation proposal:
- Your name and contact information and that of any co-presenters
- Your organization or institutional affiliation (if relevant)
- A brief description of your presentation topic (approx. 250 words)
- Proposed length of your presentation
- Whether you’d like to present in person (in Halifax) or online
- Any other details you think are important for the committee to know
Please email presentation proposals to Sharon Murray by September 16, 2022.