CANCELLED: Introduction to Archives: July 4-7, 2022
$120.00 – $170.00
This section of Introduction to Archives will take place online from July 4-7, 2022, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm each day.
CNSA members and employees/volunteers of members institutions that are up-to-date on their membership fees are eligible for the CNSA Member rate.
Members in good standing are also eligible for Group Rates:
- $100 per person for 2-4 employees/volunteers from a member organization
- $75 per person for 5+ employees/volunteers from a member organization
How to receive the Group Rates:
- Choose ‘CNSA Member’ as your Registration type
- Fill out the form below with details about all those being registered
- At the bottom of the page, enter the total number of registrants from your organization
- Click ‘Add to cart’ – the discount will be applied automatically
This course provides an overview of archives and archival practice. By the end of the course, participants should be able to distinguish archival records from other types of records, recognize risks to preserving archival materials, know what a fonds is an how it’s organized, plus have a basic understanding of the seven core archival functions: acquisition, accessioning, appraisal, arrangement, description, and access & reference.
This course is part of the CNSA Archival Certificate Program. Those wanting to enrol in the Program will need to complete an assignment at the end of the course to demonstrate their comprehension of the course content.
This course is taught online by our Archives Advisor across four half-day sessions. The bulk of the learning is done in class through lectures, discussions, and activities, but some reading will be required between sessions.
No prior knowledge is required, however, experience working in or with archival records is an asset.