2023-24 Institutional Membership
$85.00 – $440.00
Archives that have met the criteria listed below are encouraged to become Institutional Members of the CNSA.
Benefits of Institutional Membership
All employees and volunteers within an Institutional Member archives receive the following benefits:
- Voting Privileges at the Annual General Meeting
- Eligible to compete for annual project funding via PADP (Provincial Archival Development Program)
- Participation in NS Cooperative Acquisition Strategy
- Free storage space for colour stills and moving images in provincial Cold Vault at Nova Scotia Archives
- Participation in MemoryNS, Nova Scotia’s collective database of archival descriptions
- Preservation Monitoring Equipment loan program (data loggers, light meters)
- Access to Emergency Recovery supplies
- Member rates and group discounts on CNSA Core Courses, workshops, and annual conference
- Eligible to apply for the CNSA’s Professional Development & Training Assistance Bursary
- Eligible for travel subsidy to attend CNSA courses, workshops, and events
- Eligible for nomination to win an annual CNSA Award
- Discounts on archival supplies from Carr McLean of Toronto
- Subscription to CNSA members’ listserv
- Free access to the CNSA lending library
- Volunteering opportunities on CNSA committees or the Executive
- Free advice, input, and site visits from our Archives Advisor!
Please choose your archives’ annual operating from the drop-down menu:
Criteria for Institutional Membership
This membership category is open to Nova Scotian organizations housing materials with long-term archival value and have the following:
- Written mandate: Approved by a governing body of the public authority or private organization in which the archives is a unit of responsibility.
- Acquisition Policy including acquisitions goals and scope of acquisition;
- Access Policy specifying any restrictions on access to records (including viewing and photocopying);
- Preservation Policy
- Designated individual: Accountable for the Archives operation who may be paid staff, volunteer or the responsibility for the archives can be part of another job description. The individual should have either taken, or be pursuing basic training in archival practice.
- Secure, designated space: Adequately protected from degradation agents such as water, fire, light and extremes of temperature and humidity for storage and handling of records.
- Open hours: Equivalent to 1 day per week, may include by appointment hours.
If your archives meets the above criteria and you would like to join as an Institutional Member, or have your Associate Institutional Membership upgraded, please contact our Archives Advisor.
Under $25,000, $25,001 to $100,000, $100,001 to $250,000, $250,001 to $500,000, Over $500,000