We’re hiring – CNSA Member Services Assistant!
We hit a a snag in our attempt to hire an Administrative Assistant, so we’re back at it again, but this time with a bigger job!
Job Posting: CNSA Member Services Assistant
Download this job posting (PDF)
LOCATION: 6016 University Avenue, 5th floor, Halifax, Nova Scotia (a fully accessible building) plus the possibility of some remote work
HOURS & DURATION: approximately 14 hours per week from May 2023 to March 31, 2024, with the possibility of renewal.
The Council of Nova Scotia Archives (CNSA) is a membership-based, professional association for archives and archivists in the province of Nova Scotia. The CNSA provides education, services, and supports to members to help them strive for archival excellence in the care and use of documentary heritage.
The CNSA is seeking a Members Services Assistant to join our small (but mighty!) team of staff and dedicated volunteers. Under supervision of the Archives Advisor, the Member Services Assistant will assist the Archives Advisor in the delivery of the CNSA’s many member services. The Member Services Assistant will also perform general administrative and communications tasks for the Council. The ideal candidate will be reliable, efficient, well-organized, and tech-savvy, and have experience working in archives.
- Support the Archives Advisor in administering the CNSA’s courses, workshops, annual conference, and Committee activities;
- Oversee membership renewals and maintain/update the CNSA membership list and listserv;
- Oversee the CNSA lending library and preservation-equipment loans program for members;
- Maintain the CNSA website, adding news, announcements, and registration/event pages for upcoming CNSA courses, workshops, and events;
- In collaboration with the CNSA Member-at-large for Communications and Awards, create and circulate CNSA e-newsletters and publish member profiles on the CNSA website;
- Maintain the CNSA’s social media channels, actively promoting upcoming courses, workshops, events, member news, members services, MemoryNS, and the activities of our members;
- Assist with managing active and semi-active Council records;
- Assist with special projects as determined by the Archives Advisor and/or CNSA Executive.
QUALIFICATIONS – Required:
- Completed or enrolled in a post-secondary program, preferably Archival Studies/Records Management, Administration, or Communications, or a combination of comparable skills and experience;
- Experience working in an archive and/or education/training in archival best practices;
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and apps (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Groups, etc.);
- Proficiency with WordPress websites;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, principally Excel and Word;
- Experience managing social media and communications platforms for a business or organization;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Efficient, reliable, and comfortable with multi-tasking;
- Able to take direction, work independently, and see projects through to completion in a timely fashion.
QUALIFICATIONS – Ideal:
- Familiarity with the CNSA and/or the archival community in Nova Scotia
- Proficiency with WooCommerce or other e-Commerce platforms;
- Proficiency with MailChimp.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to CNSA Archives Advisor, Sharon Murray, no later than midnight, April 23, 2023.
The CNSA is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, African Nova Scotian, racialized, and/or LGBTQ2S+ plus those with disabilities.
Leave a Comment