COVID-19 Resources in Nova Scotia
These resources are provided to assist your institution through the pandemic. As the situation evolves we will add more information. If you have questions, please use the CNSA listserv firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact email@example.com. This is uncharted territory for all of us, so we can learn from each other.
Preparing to Re-open
- CNSA Reopening Plan Template (docx)
- Association of Canadian Archivists, "Reopening the Archives"
- Sample Reopening Procedures (pdf) (draft provided courtesy of the Beaton Institute, Cape Breton University)
- Risk mitigation tool for workplaces/businesses operating during the COVID-19 pandemic (Health Canada)
- Preparing to Reopen Nova Scotia (NSGov)
- Webinar: “Caring for Heritage Collections During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Focus on Reopening.” June 9, 2020, by CCI Senior Conservation Scientist Tom Strang
Local hand sanitizer authorized by Health Canada:
- Authentic Seacoast (Guysborough)
- Barreling Tide Distillery (Annapolis Valley)
- Compass Distillers (Halifax)
- NS Spirit Company (New Glasgow)
- Raging Crow Distillery (North River)
- Sohma Naturals (Digby, Elmsdale, Bedford, Halifax)
- Steinhart Distillery (online)
Masks, Directional Signage, Gloves, etc.
- Carr McLean (CNSA members receive 10% discount)
- Local medical suppliers at pharmacies, etc.
- NS posters/factsheets: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/resources/
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations - archives are eligible through the Museums Assistance Plan – more details to come soon
- Small Business Reopening Support Grant
Caring for Your Collection
- CCI Technical Note, April 17, 2020 “Caring for Heritage Collections During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Webinar “Caring for Heritage Collections During the COVID-19 Pandemic”, April 21, 2020, by Irene Karsten, Canadian Conservation Institute
- CNSA Preservation Services – Disaster Recovery Kits and Equipment Loans